Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Dealing with issues.

A day before the funeral for the 4 year old son of the one of the other supervisors all of the workers were told about what had happened. Fortunately we didn't know any details so we could honestly say we didn't know the details when they asked. In my workshop where we had eight workers in the morning by the time noon came we only had five. The others had all left because they weren't feeling well. A small delegation of six or seven workers and supervisors went to the funeral the next afternoon. One of the workers who apparently knew the children a bit didn't come to work for the rest of the week. I wish I could say things are better now but you can't say something about a situation like that.

This evening I ate some most amazing crepes with a friend from Elkhart who is in town studying for the semester. We both had as a main course buckwheat crepes with a cheese/spinach/cream filling and an egg on top. This section is just to illustrate that I am doing well and enjoying life.

When I got home I got to try to help settle a little dispute. I walked up the stairs and was confronted by one of the other residents standing outside of her room on the edge of tears so much so that when I asked her what was going on she started crying and told me that she had been "let fall" by one of the other residents. For a while I was confused wondering if someone had fallen but it turns out there was some offense taken when the meal plan (who eats with who and when) was shuffled. It was all sorted out though I was confused at points and uncertain how to mediate the situation. Fortunately one of the other residents helped with that.

Bon, je ne veut pas vous engueler avec une long histoire. (please excuse my spelling)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home